25/06/2017

Live your life

If you follow this blog you know I like to get up close and personal in here.

This is my sanctuary, my safe space, my diary.

I sometimes have to censor myself, or delete things, after I realise that other people do visit my blog and read my articles, they're public anyway.

But not today. Today I'm going to be forward because I have an urgent message for y'all.

Live your life!

Yes, so simple, yet so hard, isn't it?

I'm a person who has several health issues, so over the years I have been stuck in inertia. I've probably spent over 5 years of my life stuck in bed.
During that time I was literally doing nothing. And unfortunately, again, I am doing nothing.

Many people may say "Life is what you make it to be" etc.
But it's easy to say those things when you're healthy.

And when I was healthy, I didn't realise how privileged I was. I didn't realise that I had to exploit that time to do the things I wanted to do. I mean, I still went to uni, got a job etc., but I didn't do the things I really wanted. I thought I had time. But then I started having health issues, and I realised I didn't have time anymore.

So if you're young, healthy and able to chase your dreams, please, do it.
Now is the time, because you don't know if you will have that time in the future.
And time doesn't rewind.

No comments:

Post a Comment