26/09/2017

Where not to take your Apple products for repair in Athens

So, unfortunately I had some issues with my macbook.

As I am in Athens, Greece at the moment, I had to find an official Apple retailer, since there are no Apple Stores in Greece.

And so, after reading a couple of reviews, I chose Document.
As someone who has experienced the Apple Stores customer services several times, I cannot help but find Document's customer services bellow average.

Here's why:
-I was told the technician would call me prior to starting the repair, to ask if I was on board with the potential cost. He did not.
In fact, none of the times I was promised a call for an update did I receive one.
-They even changed my OS without asking me.
-I was told my product had more issues than those I was aware of, and again, repair plans were made without my knowledge.
-At first, I was told the repair would be finished within 3-4 days. Then 5-6 days. Then 7-8 days. Which is preposterous. I have never waited for over 2-3 hours for a repair at an Apple Store. I understand this is not an Apple Store, but still, such long time is unacceptable.

If you're on holidays in Greece or for a short period of time, there is absolutely no reason to trust Document with the repair of your Apple products. If on the other hand you're a permanent resident, and you have no other choice... Well, good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment