26/08/2017

Rant: Needs & Wants

All my life I've prioritised the needs and wants of the people I loved.

That has caused me much grief and misery over the years. But I thought I had to do the 'right' thing, to be the bigger person. Even when it'd cause me to suffer.

Recently, for once, I asked a person I love to consider my needs and wants before theirs.

It didn't happen. Once again, my needs and wants were ignored.

So, I'm angry. I'm infuriated. I'm enraged.

And you know what? Fuck them.

Fuck every person who has been inconsiderate to me when I've always tried to be there for them, when I've always done my best to give them what they want and make them happy.

Fuck that.

To deserve me at my best, you have to be able to handle me and support me at my worst. The same way I've supported you and handled your situations.

You can't have it all. You can't only want the positive and shy away from the negative moments of a person's life. A person you supposedly, a person you allegedly love.
Be it friendship, a love relationship, or even a child-parent relationship.


No comments:

Post a Comment