25/08/2017

Life Game

In the academic year of 2011-12 (3rd year of my bachelors) I wrote a song inspired by the work I had done for my Independent Project.

That project entailed me interviewing people about pain and their memories of pain, whilst filming them, and then creating an avant garde piece of music and film. 
Which I did, and it was great.

In the meantime though, this project inspired me to write another song. 'Life Game'

I don't often go back and re-read or refer to my lyrics, but the following lyrics are depressingly relevant to this moment of my life:

"Pain is loss, pain is rejection

Pain is when you can’t find affection
Pain is racism, pain is bullying
Pain is when your heart is bleeding
Pain is physical, pain is mental
Pain is you on a misery spiral
Pain is shame, pain is blame
Pain is you not being the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment