07/08/2017

My first ever ASOS plus size/curve order!

I was very skeptical towards online shopping for clothes, especially as a plus size lady.
I was worried I wouldn't be able to find anything my size, and that especially when it came to trousers I'd be unable to fit in the largest size.

Oh, how wrong was I!

Before I begin I'd like to give you an idea of my size and shape. I have tights size 18 and 20 from Primark, and I can fit in dresses size 18, but nowadays more comfortably in dresses and skirts size 20.
However, I could never fit into any trousers in Primark or anything with a skinny fit. Their sizes go up to 20 only anyway. My height is 165cm (5'5).

Recently I tried some Marks & Spencer jeans in size 24. They fit me, but it wasn't a comfy fit.

So, I came to the conclusion that my top is an entirely different size from my bottom.
Little did I know that I need different sizes in tops, shirts, skirts, jeans and trousers altogether. So basically, depending on my body part, I can fit into 5 different sizes.

My body shape is pear with my hips being a lot larger than my breast area.
My bra size is 42DD.

As you can imagine, when I saw the ASOS measurements I didn't know what to make of them. My waist is an ASOS size 24, but my hips are (or I thought they were) between a size 26 and 28.

And so I decided to buy two loose trousers and a pair of jeans to test the water.

I thought it'd be a good idea to buy everything in size 26, just to be safe. Well...

Disclaimer: I do not own the pictures from Asos website, I'm just posting them here for reference.

ASOS CURVE Harem Pants with Foldover Waistband In Jersey - Black / UK 26



So, the model here wears size 18.

As you can see on my pictures, size 26 is almost twice my size!!!!

I love these pants, as they're super comfy and they have pockets, but they're actually falling!!! Which is probably due to the fact there is no waistband.

I don't know if I'm going to return them as they cost 21 euros only and my mom knows how to sow, which means she can alter them to make them fit me.
If my mom couldn't fix them, I'd definitely return them though.

I'd suggest buying one or even two sizes smaller if you have a small waist and want to buy these pants.



 


ASOS CURVE Harem Trouser with Shirred Waist - Rose / UK 26

The model here is wearing size 18 as well.

This one isn't so bad for me, because even though it's clearly at least one size larger, the elastic waist band makes it possible to wear it and it won't fall.

I'd definitely not return this, and I actually like it's loose fit.

However, if I knew how it'd fit me before I ordered I'd have ordered size 24.

In general, I'd say stay true to your size, or order a size smaller if you want a tighter fit, but even your own size -and even a size larger- won't be too loose due to the waistband.




ASOS CURVE Farleigh Slim Mom Jeans in Prince Light Wash with Busted Knees - Blue / UK 26

The model is wearing size 18.

I'm so happy I bought size 26 on this one!
24 would probably fit me as well, but it'd be so uncomfortable!

With this one I can sit, I can bend, and I can generally be so comfy.

If you want a comfy loose fit choose a size larger than your normal size, otherwise just buy your normal size.

 


Final Thoughts:

I generally don't regret buying a size larger than what I suspected was my size, as it's easier to make clothes a size smaller than to make them a size larger (actually you can't).

I now know that when it comes to jeans and trousers I'm a size 24 and I could probably fit in size 22 as well -if the material is stretchy.

I hope this helps all the plus size babes with similar body types to mine!

Xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment