23/05/2017

Why I will never order from Colourpop again

A few weeks ago Colourpop offered free international shipping.

Since I've heard so many good things about this company I decided to place 2 orders.
One for Greece and one for UK.

I kept both orders under £15/€22 so that I wouldn't have to pay customs, Vat or any other charges (as stated by EU law).

It took them 4 days to ship my Greek order and 6 days to ship my UK order.
My Greek order arrived 5 days after being shipped.
My UK order arrived 10 days after being shipped.

Weirdly enough, my Greek order arrived in Athens first.
My mother received it, no issues.

My UK order on the other hand...
First of all the USPS tracking service showed the order as delivered, when it was not. Secondly, Royal Mail showed the order was held at customs. I contacted Royal Mail and they said the order was going through customs.
I thought, hold on, why is this happening?

I will not go through the details, as you can imagine there was a lot of phone and email ping pong to find out what was going on.
Colourpop did not respond to my emails, and when they did it was either automated emails, or their attitude was informal, and not responding to my questions.
Unacceptable.

In the end, I found out they put the wrong price on the parcel. I had paid $18 for my parcel, but they put $24 not including the discounts that I got.

So, I had to pay £14 for Royal Mail to hand me my parcel.
Needles to say this is the price of the actual parcel, so I had to pay twice!!!!

I cannot begin to tell you how upset, how enraged I am!

I did all this to make sure I wouldn't have to pay any customs, played by the rules, kept my orders under £15/€22 and due to Colourpop's incompetence I was charged in the end!

It goes without saying that I will try to get a refund from customs, but Colourpop is not co-operating and getting a refund is a long and very complicated procedure. Which I shouldn't have to go through in the first place!

I will never order from them again, and I am completely put off from using their products.

Also, one of the lipsticks I had ordered had been opened and used. You could tell if you compared it to the other ones....

Coincidentally, Colourpop has made the comments on their facebook page hidden, but if you manage to find them, all of them consist of complaints...

I'm blaming myself for falling into the trap of IG products and buying from them.
But I will never make the same mistake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment