19/05/2017

Target audience

Who is my target audience?

For anyone who follows me on social media, you know I'm on blogspot, youtube and other social media platforms.

But who do I aim to reach with my pictures, articles and videos?

Mostly lgbtqai+ persons, persons with disabilities, persons who suffer from mental health, and other marginalised social groups.

Every person who is on social media with the intention to reach people has a target audience in mind.
E.g. a youtube channel on video games targets mostly white or asian males.
A beauty blog targets femme persons.
An instagram account about fitness targets people who go to the gym and enjoy exercising.
Etc.

So, my channel, blog, and other social media profiles are aimed towards those who are open minded, who aren't judgmental and who are accepting of others.

I talk a lot about body issues, about human rights, about mental health; I also discuss the news sometimes; I even create beauty videos; and of course, I share my art in different forms (image, sound and writing). There is variety.

But all of my social media profiles and all of the things I have shared have always had one thing in common: Trying to inform, and promote equality and acceptance.

Therefore, if you're someone who discriminates against others for any reason, if you bodyshame people, if you're a misogynist, sexist, racist, bully, cyberbully etc. please, do not follow me on social media, and stay away from my posts.

In the past, unfortunately, I had been targeted by people who had no place on my social media accounts. Thankfully, the police were very helpful and collaborated with me on the matter.
These days there are laws in place to protect us from cyberbullying. And even though police may not take immediate action against a cyberbully, they start keeping an eye on them, and the websites that allow them to thrive.
And once you're on their list, well, you just don't want to be on their list.

To sum up, I hope that one day my social media accounts will be able to reach more people (people who belong to my target audience) and make a positive change in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment