26/04/2017

Will you ever return back to Greece?

I remember a few years back when I was asked if I ever want to return back to Greece, I said 'No' without even thinking about it.
But back then, Brexit wasn't even a thought, the NHS wasn't a mess, the Arts hadn't been diminished and the prices weren't as outrageous as they are today.
Do I want to return to Greece now?
It's still 'No.' I left Greece for a reason.
Greek culture cannot 'contain' me; it has no place for me.
Greek people -in their majority- cannot accept or understand me.
As an outspoken Atheist, as a feminist, as a tattooed and pierced woman and as a plus sized woman I will always be the target of street harassment, ridicule and bullying.
So to return to that, that would be heartbreaking.
To think that UK fucked up this big that I am even considering the idea of returning to Greece for sometime...
Sad. Disappointing. Scary.


No comments:

Post a Comment