27/06/2020

Another day in patriarchy

So, after a very very long time, I got a mango iced tea from starbucks. I sit on a bench by myself and start enjoying my drink.
A guy passes me with his bike, stops, looks at me and the conversation goes as follows:
-Can I sit here? (it was the bench next to mine)
-Sure you can.
I put my mask back on, as I took it off whilst I sat on the bench, since no one was around.
-I don't have corona you know. I'm immune to it.
-Good for you.
-Can I talk to you?
-No, sorry, I'm busy. (I pretended to look on my phone)
I had already started to feel uncomfortable because he was staring at me the whole time, so I put my phone down and started dissinfecting my hands.
-Did you finish what you were doing? Can we talk now?
-No, sorry. I'm leaving.
-Can we meet again?
-No.
-Why?
-Because I don't want to.
-Why?
-I don't have to give you a reason
-Yes you do!
-No, I don't. Bye.
-Have a good evening. We may meet again!
-You too and no.
And that's how my mood was ruined and I couldn't enjoy my iced tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment